Thursday, December 23, 2010

The design in the stars is the same in our hearts

Hello.

Hello world. Hello life. Hello adventure.

Who am I? Where am I going? I don't know. But I do know that there is an adventure in store. And I'm ready. Life, take me. Take me where the wind blows. To the place where I can still see the line created when the deep blue of the sky and that of the ocean meet together. Where the stars kiss the waves so deeply that Venus and Adonis would be jealous. I know a place where the sun meets the sky. That is where I want to be.

Even though, wherever I go, I probably won't be able to see that place it will be okay. I will carry that place in my heart. It is my 'happy place'. My sanctuary.

I remember this one trip I took in Indonesia to a volcano. We had stayed on this island for four days and had packed up the night before. We woke up at four in the morning, ate pancakes at the hut, and then piled onto the speedboats. It was dark, and I was trying to sleep on the hull of the boat. The water was flat, relatively speaking. And the clouds covered the sky, so it was dark for a good while. But when the sun finally started to show, it created an image that will forever remain in my mind as one of the most peaceful I have ever seen. The holes in the clouds allowed the light to pass through in concentrated columns. Those pillars shone straight down and spotted the water. It was glorious to say the least. That became the place I went when I longed for something different. Longed for change. I also remember that a hour into that trip we came across dolphins swimming next to our boat. And then when Anak Krakatoa became this green emergence above the blue of the ocean, I thought it could not get any better.

My sanctuary.

Anyways, I'm trying to come up with clever things to say but I can't think of anything at the moment. So, Emily signing off. Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment