Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Standing on a darkened stage

Hey there. Long time no see.

This blog is my confidante of sorts. I can talk and talk and talk and it can't say anything back. It listens. And I need a listener. All my ramblings and talk of well...anything...want to be heard. If no one were to read this, it would be enough to me to simply write it.

Thank you.

Now I have some extra time because I applied to college the other day and feel like I don't have anything important to do :) The only two schools I applied for: BYU and USU. I would be happy and either. I know I said I hated BYU, but recently I've come think about it more. They've sent me an honors college letter and an instrumental Christmas CD because my grades are good. My mom is convinced it's a sign.

I don't know.

But it is done now. I don't even know if I'll get in. So I might as well just relax :) Honestly, I'm more scared about my senior pictures tomorrow that college.

Sorry, I'm getting distracted. I'm watching a movie. I'm a hopeless romantic in every sense of the word. And this movie I'm watching, the girl just sat down on this bench that was dedicated to an elderly couple that recently passed away. She sat down and the guy wanted to give her some privacy and started walking away. She said: "come sit with me." I love lines like that. Simple and so charged with emotion.

It is beautiful. Love. There is no explanation for it. Once a wise man told me of two lovers that: "instead of reading textbooks, tried to memorize the moon." I also remember how he once told me of an image that strikes me every time I hear it.

You wonder how these things begin
Well, this begins with a Glen. It begins with a season,
Which, for want of a better reason, we might as well call September.
It begins with a forest, where the woodchucks woo, And leaves wax green,
And the vines entwine moonlight lovers.
Try to see it - not with your eyes, because they're wise,
But with your ears - the cool, green breathing of the leaves.
And hear it with the inside of your hand, The soundless sound of shadows.
Celebrate sensation!
Recall it's secret place - You've been there you remember?
That special place? Where someone held your hand?
And love was sweeter than the berries or the honey,
Or the stinging taste of mint It is September - before a rainfall.
Perfect time to be in love



I want that to be me one time. Someday. If only to write like that. But that will never be in the whole meridian of time.

Well, my movie is over. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment