Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Should I just keep on chasing pavements?

I had something I wanted to say, and now that I'm at the computer I've forgotten. It reminds me of that line in Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Darcy wanted to hear Elizabeth play the pianoforte and they had a small discussion resulting in her saying that neither of them performed for an audience and would not say anything that would not impress the whole room.

Obviously, I am not Elizabeth. But, I feel like writing. So I shall.

I'm in another one of my pathetically romantic moods. But I won't bore you with that.

I've been feeling kind of lame lately, for a plethra of reasons. And one night I was feeling particularly on the lame side of the cool spectrum and picked up my ipod. I hit shuffle (because I can never pick one song to listen to) and it went to Anything But Ordinary by Avril Lavigne. It was one of the old Avrils, not one where she is posing as a punky cheerleader.

That song has always been one of my favorites because I've always wanted to be Anything But Ordinary. I do that in my small little ways. Mostly it's just me being myself. And that's all anyone can ask for.

That's all I have for tonight, mostly because my sister and I are going to be watching Pushing Daisies (my new favorite show). Fare thee well.

No comments:

Post a Comment