Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I am the sun and the air

Let me begin by saying that I apologize too much. I had a friend point that out to me the other day, and I agree completely. SO from here on out, no apologies. Just me and my thoughts. Read at your own risk, I regret nothing.

Something that I keep wanting to write about happened a few nights ago. The weather was absolutely perfect. During the day I'd sat out on my driveway in the warmth and the breeze and did some work. It must have been in the 70s that day. It was glorious!

ANYWAYS. that night I had rehearsal and when it ended and I walked outside, I knew that there was no way I could let that night go without doing something. Anything. So, I get in my car, turn up the Smiths, and start driving. I find myself going towards this lake. I park and walk down to it and I'm completely alone. The stars are out, the breeze is blowing, and it is still in the solid 70s. I go down to the pier area and I just observe the night. There was thunder rolling in the distance, geese honking, airplanes, etc...Then within all that chaos I found peace. I stood there in the grass overlooking the water and I felt as though I was ten feet tall and could do anything. The world was at my fingertips. At that moment, I settled more into myself and understood more of who I am.

Then it started to rain. It was light drizzle and was enough to make me catch my breath because of the beauty of the scene. For a long time I stood there in the rain just trying to remember it. Store it in my brain forever. Soon enough the rain let up and I was left there just to ponder. I thought about a lot of things. College and how excited I am to be going. Scholarships. The musical. People. And how happy I am with the place I'm in.

Due to my late hours, this is all I have. Sampai jumpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment