Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I must become the lion-hearted girl

So, I should be writing letters of appreciation to teachers and yearbook entries for friends. But tonight, I find myself doing none of this. I've had a fully relaxing day. I've got to go to school tomorrow to view my drama final project, and for some reason that stresses me out...I'm out of school. Why do I care? I think what stresses me out is the whole going back thing. I feel like I'm just ditching everyone I know, just so I can hand select the people I hang out with and many times just be alone. I feel guilt. I shouldn't, but I do. That is what is stressing me I think.

ANYWAYS. Instead of doing anything truly productive, I am looking at this website: oneword.com

One of the coolest ideas. What they do is give you a word and then a minute to write about it, then they post it. I know, I sound like an ad...but seriously. SO COOL. here are some clips of what I found under the word "EMBRACE":

"I've embraced a lot of things in my life: my actions, my regrets, and everything in between. I don't complain. A life with sorrow is no life at all.

The feeling you get to be held by the person you love as though you are the most important thing in the whole entire world. If he ever let you go you would slip from reality and drift away into the abyss. The touch that makes people quiver and shake and wonder and hope and love.

Two flowers from the same stem

Embrace life, you only live once. Life curves and sways and you never know whats next but there is always something next. One grand adventure after another without any control. Embrace the chaos and live.

Come. I am waiting.

I lost time, I groped for words. The inner editor should die as I embrace freedom. Freedom to be mistaken. I embraced my self completely, knowing that I finally see the light, where the love for words emanate; where it shall stay free forever...I hear my old self whisper "Goodbye, I spent good times with you."

No tricks. No nothing. Just simplicity.

This year drained me. Those arms refreshed me. There truly is no better place to be than snuggled inside of them. This has by far been the most difficult time of life, still looking back on these past twelve months, I would have to say WORTH IT. All of these hard times have been so worth it knowing that I have, to look forward to, and can greater appreciate an eternity, perfectly embraced.

All is well with the world. snuggled and safe. honey oozed from the nostrils of a sleeping protective dragon with a stolen cave where pressure and strife and anger cannot reach. here in the peace and warm we sleep embraced in...

That cool night, embraced by a midnight blue blanket of stars and constellations, felt like a dream. As the wind whipped through my hair, I couldn't help but remember the past, of what happened on a night like this.

I stood there, at the edge of the still room, eyes on his back.His neck was always so strong and muscular against my cheek. I listened as he breathed in deeply then turned, moved towards me, embraced me. Wow.

He embraced her as they wished that the moment would last for eternity. His eyes glistened and tears dribbled from her eyelashes. They just wanted to stay on that road forever, even in the rain.

I was standing on the corner of West St and 39th, it was raining and the drops were making their way through my sweater. My gaze was fixated at the upper window of a small apartment building. There I saw two shadows, come together and I embraced the fact that my life wasn't quite what I thought it was.

The night engulfs us with the stars above, mystery without and within. So enamored are we with the darkness, yet we flee to the light. When he embraces me in his arms and with his lips, I am terrified like I am of the darkness. Why flee to what is comfortable? Why not embrace that which embraces us with all of its dark and mysterious fury? True love is born from the night, not from the day, and that is when love's greatest expression is most greatly expressed.

I turned the corner...and that's when I met you. It was when I least expected it. I wasn't looking, wasn't searching for you. I wondered where you were for so long and you were right there-just around the corner."


Those are just a 'few' examples of the kind of stuff they have on this website. I think it is a beautiful idea, getting people's honest intentions and streams of consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment