Thursday, October 18, 2012

Son of a Preacher Man


Dear stars, release my soul from this cage. Tonight is one of those nights when you just want to cry for no reason. And every reason. And nothing again. All I want to do is blast some Bob Dylan and Neil Young. That is how you know it is bad.

But life is great, there is no reason to feel this way. I just think that this is what happens when all the stress builds and builds until your back breaks and it falls around you and you realize just how much there was.
All I want to do right now is curl up into a little ball and watch Harold&Maude. Which I probably will do. Make myself a cup of warm milk and watch it. That sounds like as close to heaven as I can get right now.


I just lost all motivation to finish the post with the prospect of an 80s cult film.... All I wanted to say was that music is a salve for the soul. Playing guitar, listening to music, singing (no matter how bad it is) all makes things turn up.


What I need to do is take a big breath and remember that it will all be okay. Because it will be. I know it!

But really everything is okay. It is great actually! Everyone has those times where they fall apart for a moment or two, but in no time at all they are back to the way they were. I am not depressed, I simply took these past few days to feel exquisitely human.

No comments:

Post a Comment